Saturday, March 10, 2007

I know I've said this before, but still, I just want to take this opportunity ('blogging duty!') to thank you guys for all your help during my mom's wake. It was tremendous, and I am touched, by your prayers and presence throughout.

Anyway, it is still a daily emotional struggle. On good days, I wonder what she is doing now.. (is she helping God to take care of the flowers in Eden, as she always did in the market??) On bad days, I wake up crying because of a dream I have of her.

It really pains my heart to see my father, brother, aunties, uncles and cousins struggling to come to terms with this too, some of them putting up fronts to cover up for their sadness. We have more of such family gatherings now, since this incident came so suddenly, and so many of us have been awakened not to take one another for granted.

My relatives have been gathering around and giving me pep talks and advice:

4th uncle: "ah ching you must eat more fruits ok, anything pls call me! Don't be paiseh ok! now your mummy not around, must be more independent.."
1st auntie: it's really easy to cook soup, just dump all the ingredients into the pot, come back from work, boil then can drink already!"
adventurous cousin: "when u free, bring u and your brother go sailing ok."
and so on etc

In a sense, I've lost my mom but i've suddenly regained an extended family.. I know I've got to give thanks for that also. It was really great that they got to hear about the message during the wake.. for now I am praying for each and everyone of them that they will know God.. before it is too late..

Yep.. I will miss my mom forever... Miss her naggings mostly (ha!). and yeah, I cannot wait for that day when we will all be reunited in the Lord again.

1 comment:

edconomist@gmail.com said...

hey, totally understand how it feels. I still miss my dad even after 7 years. Continue to cling on the hope of eventually seeing our loved ones in heaven. It is one of the thing that keep me going ~ ed