Sunday, April 06, 2008

Loving pple who just seem to irritate you?

It's not my turn to blog but herez just a little para from "The Five Love Languages" book that caught my attention... probably most applicable for me at this point of time. heh... coz i keep grumbling... but also some food for thought for all....

C.S. Lewis said,
The rule for all of us is perfectly simple. Do not waste time bothering whether you “love” your neighbour; act as if you did. As soon as we do this, we find one of the great secrets. When you are behaving as if you love someone, you will presently come to love them. If you injure someone you dislike, you will find yourself disliking him more. If you do him a good turn, you will find yourself disliking him less.


--amy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Philip Yancey said the same thing :)

Anonymous said...

Wunderbar! This is something that i NEED to constantly remember as I easily dislike people & freely diss them. Knew i had this problem for many years, but things did not improve. Sometimes it's so hard to change...

i think that its most important that [I 'act like I love' those I dislike], within my closest circle of friends as this is where hatred is most easily cultivated...