Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Pure Grace

Tonight is one of the nights whereby I am touched and refreshed by the Lord during my Quiet Time.

I was touched that I am saved. Instead of eternal-death and condemnation, I received eternal life. I re-appreciate that it is pure grace and not by works, that led to my salvation. It is God who first extends himself and woo me from the beginning. I am like filthy rags and Jesus Christ allowed himself to take these filthy rags and make me clean. Undeserved grace. Amazing love.

He is worthy...because he was slain and with his blood, he purchased men for God (Rev 5:9, paraphrase)

Thank you, Lord

-ed-

2 comments:

Anna said...

I was also just reminded while reading "The pursuit of God" from A.w. Tozer that it was God who first have sought me before I could seek Him.

I still remember vividly how God was speaking so distinctly to me through Christian books that I was reading so intensively at the period when God was calling me and luring me to seek Him and which eventually led to my acceptance of the Lord. There was a constant wrestling of arguments in my mind and I just couldn't argue back with Him. It was just an experience beyond words. Up to now, I still can't quite put that experience into words when people ask me how I was converted.

"No one can come to me, unless the Father who sent me makes them want to come. But if they do come, I will raise them to life on the last day." John (6:44)

That's absolutely true.

That's really by the Grace of God.

Ruijie said...

Amen to that! God chose us before we chose him, what a heart warming fact.