Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Interesting Parable

Luke 16:1-15: Parable of the Shrewd Manager

Came across this parable yesterday. Think that it is quite interesting and controversial (esp v9).

apparently, the word "shrewd" has been occuring a lot in my life. So, i felt the compulsion to share this with my cell.

Some examples:

Read somewhere in the gospel where it says
"to be as shrewd as the serpent and as innocent as the dove", and

Psalm 18:26 "to the pure, you show yourself pure.
but to the crooked, you showed yourself shrewd"

Thus, I asked myself this:

i) what does it mean to be "shrewd" in our world today? What are the boundaries to shrewdness and innocence?

ii) how do I become shrewd?

think this thread of "shrewdness" has some relevance to our BS of wisdom. So, just post this and hear from you guys. Any comments?

Ed

No comments: