Friday, February 24, 2006

The Lord is our Banner!!

Hi people,

Was really thinking about the issue of CONTENTMENT the other day, as i was sitting in my room and in one of my moods. Was just looking around my room and was just looking at all the stuff that I have and everything in my house, and was really quite pissed off at certain things, and my thoughts began to turn to the word CONTENTMENT! Have 2 questions really: (1) Are we really content only after God puts things in our lives or gives us the things that we want, OR (2) are we really content with just having God's presence with us? The perennial question that I am asking myself everyday is: what would happen to our faith and love for God one day, if like Job, God decides to take everything away from us. Would our love still be with Him? Or would we have enough faith in Him to trust that all would work out in the end to the good of those who love Him? Ah well, the discussion goes on...

More the next time.

Cheers,
JONATHAN

No comments: