Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Acting according to our own conscience

Many times I wonder why a non-christian is more morally sound than a Christian. They have better conscience than Christians. They are more upright than many Christians that I know. There are also friends who told me that as long as they act according to their own conscience, they are alright.

All these really undermine my faith in the power of God, to be honest. But I just chose to ignore because my faith for the existence in God is stronger. However, yesterday, I read the following statements, which sort of gave an answer to my problem:

"Look within you. Look at your sense of right and wrong, your code of ethics. Somehow even as a child you knew it was wrong to hurt people and right to help them. Who told you? Who says? What is this magnetic pole that pulls the needles on the compass of your conscience, if not God?"

God does play a part.

No comments: