Saturday, March 27, 2010

Wonderland...

I was rather restless, uninspired and desiring very much to escape into my own wonderland on Friday afternoon while sitting in front of my desk.

I looked around at the colleagues around me, everyone seemed to be so engrossed in their own world. Nobody was talking, not sure what they were thinking. I walked outiside to a bigger office area, where the supposedly more fun-loving colleagues were sitting, again everyone has dived into their own world. There used to be colleagues that I could talk to, and yet, out of my control, they seemed not to be willing to talk to me. I don't know exactly why, perhaps because of some strained relationships between me and them, perhaps because of other colleauges who have strained relationships with them and I happened to be close to these colleagues... or perhaps simply because I've been very anti-social lately so people just found me unapproachable. Whatever it was, I just found that the office was cold, gloomy and unfriendly.

I carried this heavy heart to class, to home. Comfortably I saw this verse on the calender:

"Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God." 1 John 4:7

How great and wonderful the world, especially the office will be, if only just a quarter of the people in the office can remember to love one another, not to blemish, not to play politics but just to genuinely love one another!

Sometimes I find that the office is really a harsh secular world, if only I can escape into my own wonderland...at least I can find this true love in my wonderland....
Anna

1 comment:

Ed said...

Yup, we live in a dark and fallen world. thank god that at least we have christ who lives in us