Monday, March 23, 2009

Impossible

I was reflecting on some things yesterday and i came out something. Just thought i share with you guys.

----
There are many things in life that baffles me – the unaminous collapse of the western banks, various genocides, world wars, etc. Closer to home, I see a lot of impossibilities in many areas of my life. For example, despite losing my father during my teenage years, I still manage to live out a reasonable standard of living (My father is a sole breadwinner who is a taxi driver and he has to raise 3 young kids). Certainly, my circumstance warrants grumbling if I chose to look at things in a myopic fashion. If I go down this slippery road, I will say that I should have a better life of riches. I will complain on why my Father must die so early and rob me of his companionship. Life can really be bitter. Fortunately, I did not see life poorly. Instead, I see a life of impossibilities made possible by one decisive factor – God.

Jesus said, “With men this is impossible, but all things are possible with God.”(Matt 19:26) Further on, in Hebrews, it is mentioned that without faith, it is impossible to please and be satisfactory with God. Also, in Luke 1:37, For with God nothing is ever impossible and no word from God shall be without power or impossible of fulfillment.

All these verses spoke deeply into my heart. It certainly brings a fresh perspective of my life circumstances and the things around me. It tells me that human logic has limited possibilities. Human situations are fraught with finite options. With men, one can only reach the domain of impossibilities. However, with God, nothing is ever impossible. The Creator and Author of our life is simply God. He saves not out of human ways or with a swoosh of his hand. Instead, he sent his son to die on the Cross for us. despite constrained by his values of one having to die for one’s sins. Mind-boggling. How can this impossible act happen?!

Using human rationality, this does not make sense. Though this solution is perfect and free, the world cannot believe it. Perhaps it requires the scales of their eyes to fall down. Maybe, it needs more persuasion and better presentation. Possibly, Christians can try to be better witnesses. I am sure human efforts can bring about an extension of God’s kingdom. But, any efforts without Jesus will at be most human. It will be a situation of impossibilities. On the contrary, any efforts that have a mustard seed-like faith will surely move the mountains. It will cause heavens to roar with rejoicing. It will bring a smile to our Heavenly Father.

So, let us all take this season of Easter to glorify Jesus who came to die on the Cross for our sins. Let us tell this simple story of Jesus to our friends. The opportunity is knocking. Let us pray. Let us ask God how. Let us move mountains. With God, all things are possible!

No comments: