Sunday, October 25, 2009

Jesus, lover of my soul

A lot of friends have tried to look out for potential partners for me out of good will that I should be dating someone. I think I should thank God that so far there is no one who is madly fasincated by me and like me to the extent that he is going all the way out to pursue me. That's because if he is someone that I don't like, I have to think of ways to diplomaticaly reject him; if he is someone that I really have chemistry with, I would definitely response. And by responding, it may eventually lead to the stage when I would hold tightly onto him just to make sure that I won't lose him. That's what I see in some of my friends' relationship. That's kind of suffocating. I thank God that He loves me so much and takes care of me so well and that I can respond to His love for me in such a free and easy way. I don't feel suffocated but I feel that I am being set free. Where on earth can I find such a person with whom I can be in love with in this way?


God has given me another way to feel secure, another much freer and ultimately certain way of security. As long as I open up the door of my heart to let Him in, He promised that He would come into our hearts. Having God in my life is really the greatest relationship I can ever have. I feel so filled and well-loved that I don't need any other thing. I should be thankful and treasure this amazing relationship that I have developed with God.


How I wish I can share this great feeling that is so deeply rooted in my heart with my loved ones who have yet to come to know God. It is my deepest desire to bring them to Christ. May God grant me the wisdom and the gift to draw them to Christ.


Anna

No comments: